Dr. Jianming Guo Born in 1967, Jian-Ming Guo received his undergraduate medical education in Shanghai Medical University from 1985. Afterwards, he has started his urologic career since 1991. He t
Dr. Jianming Guo
Born in 1967, Jian-Ming Guo received his undergraduate medical education in Shanghai Medical University from 1985. Afterwards, he has started his urologic career since 1991. He then obtained his Ph.D. degree in Shanghai Medical College Fudan University in 2000, following studying aboard in Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National Institutes of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) (Tsukuba, Japan) from 2001 to 2002 as a post-doctor. Besides, Dr. Guo received a Robotic Surgical System Certification Course in Prince of Wales Hospital, Hongkong. Jian-Ming Guo is now the chief of Department of Urology Zhongshan Hospital Fudan University, vice-director of urological institute, consultant and doctoral supervisor in Urology. He used to hold the post of National Young Committee Member of Chinese Urological Association (CUA) of Chinese Medical Association (CMA) and now is the Committee Member of International Alliance of Urolithoiasis (IAU), Committee Member of Urolithoiasis Alliance of CUA, CMA, Committee Member of Urological Association of Shanghai Medical Association, Committee Member of Chinese Association of Integration of Traditional and Western Medicine and Shanghai Association of Integration of Traditional and Western Medicine. Besides, he is also the specialty committee member of Shanghai Clinical Quality Control Centre for Urology. Dr. Guo is also appointed as specialty reviewer for several evaluations, such as research funding of Ministry of Education for overseas returnees, etc. and committee member of editorial and reviewer for multiple academic journals, like BJU Int., etc. His research is focused on the relationship between glycosyl transferases and malignant tumours and discovered a novel glycosyl transferase gene on human chromosome 9. He applied tumour biomarkers in urine for the early diagnosis for bladder cancer. Due to his contributions to the clinical research of endoscopic surgical treatment for the infant urinary tract calculi caused by Melamine, he was awarded the 5th Endoscopic Medical Science and Technology Award, and Silver Medal for the 23th Excellent Invention Trials in Shanghai. He has so far developed multiple novel techniques in clinic, participated in writing 11 books and supervised 15 masters and doctors in Urology.
l 2001.4～2002.6 Post Doctor in Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology(IMCB), National Institutes of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology(AIST), Japan
l 1997.9～2000.7 Ph.D. in Urology, Shanghai Medical College Fudan University
l 1993.9～1996.7 Master in Urology, Shanghai Medical University
l 1985.9～1991.7 Bachelor of Medicine, Shanghai Medical University
l 2008.5～ Senior Consultant and Doctoral Supervisor, Department of Urology, Zhongshan Hospital Fudan University
l 2002.12～2008.4 Consultant, Associate Professor and Master Supervisor, Department of Urology, Zhongshan Hospital Fudan University
l 1997.4～2002.11 Attending Surgeon, Department of Urology, Zhongshan Hospital Fudan University
l 1991.7～1997.3 Resident, Department of Urology, Zhongshan Hospital Fudan University
Membership of Professional Bodies
l Committee Member of Urological Association of Shanghai Medical Association
l Young Committee Member of Urological Association of Shanghai Medical Association
l Committee Member of Chinese Association of Integration of Traditional and Western Medicine
l Committee Member of Shanghai Association of Integration of Traditional and Western Medicine
l Member of Shanghai Malpractice Evaluation committee
l Specialty Member of Shanghai Jurisdiction Evaluation Centre
l Speicalty Reviewer for research funding of Ministry of Education for overseas returnees
l Editorial Member of journals,
l Special Reviewer of jounals,
l Specialty Committee Member of Shanghai Clinical Quality Control Centre for Urology
l Committee Member of Urolithoiasis Alliance of Chinese Urological Association (CUA) of Chinese Medical Association (CMA)
l Committee Member of International Alliance of Urolithoiasis (IAU)
l The Excellency talented Project of Fudan University
1. Wang H, Zhou L, Guo J*, Sun L, Long Q, Ma Y, Zhang L, Lin Z, Zhu T, Wang G. Mini-Flank Supra-12th Rib Incision for Open Partial Nephrectomy Compared with Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy and Traditional Open Partial Nephrectomy. PLoS One. 2014 February 21, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0089155.
2. Wang P, Ye D, Guo J, Liu F, Jiang H, Gong J, Gu C, Shao Q, Sun J, Zheng SL, Yu H, Lin X, Xia G, Fang Z, Zhu Y, Ding Q, Xu J.Genetic score of multiple risk-associated single nucleotide polymorphisms is a marker for genetic susceptibility to bladder cancer. Genes Chromosomes Cancer.2014,53(1):98-105.
3. Liu L, Xu Z, Zhong L, Wang H, Jiang S, Long Q, Xu J, Guo J*. Prognostic value of EZH2 expression and activity in renal cell carcinoma: a prospective study. PLoS One. 2013 Nov 27;8(11):e81484. doi: 10.1371.
4. Chen W, Wang GM, Guo JM, Sun LA, Wang H. NGF/γ-IFN inhibits androgen-independent prostate cancer and reverses androgen receptor function through downregulation of FGFR2 and decrease in cancer stem cells. Stem Cells Dev 21(18): 3372-3380.
5. Zhang JP, Zhu Y, Liu YJ, Zhang L, Sun LA, Guo JM, Lin ZM. Temporary filters and liver mobilization technique improve the safety and prognosis of radical nephrectomy and inferior vena cava thrombectomy in renal cell carcinoma with subdiaphragmatic thrombosis. Urol Int. 2013;91(3):279-284.
6. Jiang S, Tang Q, Rong R, Tang L, Xu M, Lu J, Jia Y, Ooi Y, Hou J, Guo J, Yang B, Zhu T. Mycophenolate mofetil inhibits macrophage infiltration and kidney fibrosis in long-term ischemia-reperfusion injury. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012 Aug 5;688(1-3):56-61.
7. Wang Y, Guo J*, Xu L, Zhao N, Xu Z, Wang H, Zhu Y, Jiang S, Yang N, Yang Y, Wang G. Should bone scan be performed in Chinese prostate cancer patients at the time of diagnosed? Urol Int, 2013;91(2):160-4.
8. Long Q, Guo J*, Xu Z, Yang Y, Wang H, Zhu Y, Zhang Y, Wang G. The experience of mini-PCNL in the treatment of large impacted proximal ureteral stones. Urol Int, 2013;90:384–388.
9. Guo JM，Wang GM*. Bringing Highly Technological Urolithiasis Care to a Billion People: What Is China Doing? Editors: Jamsheer Talati, Hans-Goran Tiselius, David Albala, Zhangqun Ye. The book, "Urolithiasis-- basic science and clinical practice", Springer. Dec 22, 2012.
10. Xu J, Mo Z, Ye D, Wang M, Liu F, Jin G, Xu C, Wang X, Shao Q, Chen Z, Tao Z, Qi J, Zhou F, Wang Z, Fu Y, He D, Wei Q, Guo J, Wu D, Gao X, Yuan J, Wang G, Xu Y, Wang G, Yao H, Dong P, Jiao Y, Shen M, Yang J, Ou-Yang J, Jiang H, Zhu Y, Ren S, Zhang Z, Yin C, Gao X, Dai B, Hu Z, Yang Y, Wu Q, Chen H, Peng P, Zheng Y, Zheng X, Xiang Y, Long J, Gong J, Na R, Lin X, Yu H, Wang Z, Tao S, Feng J, Sun J, Liu W, Hsing A, Rao J, Ding Q, Wiklund F, Gronberg H, Shu XO, Zheng W, Shen H, Jin L, Shi R, Lu D, Zhang X, Sun J, Zheng SL, Sun Y.Genome-wide association study in Chinese men identifies two new prostate cancer risk loci at 9q31.2 and 19q13.4. Nat Genet. 2012 Nov;44(11):1231-5.
11. Xie C, Guo JM, Wang GM, Wang Hang. Comparison Between Intravenous Urography and Computed Tomography Urography in Diagnosing Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction. Nephro-Urology Monthly. 2011; 3(4): 189-194.
12. Guo JM, Xu K, Liu YJ, Wang GM. The effect of oridonin on androgen independent prostate cancer xenografts in nude mice. Urology,2009;74:Suppl 4A,11.
13. Guo JM, Wang GM, Xu ZB, Yang YF, Zhu YJ, Hu XY. Percutaneous nephrolithotomy in kidneys with rotation and fusion anomalies. Urology 2009;74: Suppl 4A:348-349.
14. Guo JM, Wang X, Wang GM, et al. The experience of mini percutaneous nephrolithotomy in treatment of upper urinary calculi in infants. Urology, 2009;74:Suppl 4A:99-100.
15. Guo JM et al. Comparative Study of Ultrasonographic with Fluoroscopic Guided Renal Access in Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy. World Congress of endourology&SWL,2008:285.
16. Guo JM et al. Percutaneous nephrolithotomy in treatment of complex renal calculi with a combination ultrasonic and pneumatic lithotripsy. World Congress of endourology&SWL,2008:285-6.
17. Guo JM et al. Comparative study of standard and mini-perc renal access in percutaneous nephrolithotomy. World Congress of endourology&SWL,2008:286.
18. Cheng L, Tachibana K, Iwasaki H, Kameyama A, Zhang Y, Kubota T, Hiruma T, Tachibana K, Kudo T, Guo JM, Narimatsu H. Characterization of a novel human UDP-GalNActransferase, pp-GalNAc-T15. FEBS Lett,2004,566(1-3): 17-24.
19. Cheng L, Tachibana K, Iwasaki H, Kameyama A, Zhang Y, Kubota T, Hiruma T, Tachibana K, Kudo T, Guo JM, Narimatsu H. Characterization of a novel human UDP-GalNActransferase, pp-GalNAc-T10. FEBS Lett,2004, 531(2): 115-121.
20. Guo JM, Chen HL, Wang GM, Zhang YK, Narimatsu H. Expression of UDP-GalNAc: Polypeptide N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase-12 in Gastric and Colonic Cancer Cell Lines and in Human Colorectal Cancer. Oncology,2004;67:271-276.